Come celebrate Earth Day by joining us in our first ever Chicago Race Against Extinction Earth Day 5K Run/Walk and Bear Cub Kids Fun Run April 22nd.
Saturday, April 22, 2017
Entry fee is $30.00 per person ($15 for Bear Cubs). Proceeds will be donated to World Wildlife Fund.
Race entry includes a VERY cool shirt and the opportunity to help further WWF's conservation goals.
Come join us and make a positive impact for Earth Day this year!
We are looking for:
- Cheetahs (experienced and first-time runners)
- Bear Cubs (children under 12 for a 1K jaunt)
- Tortoises (walkers)
- Gazelles (inline skaters)
- Kangaroos (parents with strollers)
- Wolf Packs (runners or walkers with their pets)
- and Sloths (those who cannot or will not be running, skating, walking or moving in general on April 22nd but would like to support and help protect their fellow species!)
RACE DAY REGISTRATION IS ACCEPTED - CASH, CHECK or Credit. However we highly encourage you to register ahead time due to our event's popularity!
The Chicago 5K is a chip-timed event that is part of our National Earth Day Outdoor Activity Challenge. Your registration fee and distance will go towards our collective 10,000 $/mile goal!
We encourage all types of athletes and non-athletes to participate. If you have never run a timed race before, here is your chance. The Race Against Extinction tries to ensure that it's events are as green as possible including our the fabled lost, found & recycled Hub Cap Trophies. We look forward to seeing you Saturday, April 22nd in Lincoln Park near the Zoo and Diversey Harbor! There is limited space so please hurry and sign up as soon as you can so that you do not miss out on all of the fun!